Sunday, November 14, 2010

home from Texas!

I left for Texas Thursday night. To be honest, it had been such a rough week I Really didn't want to go. I was a little nervous to fly on the plane by myself, especially since I had to switch flights in Arizona. But everything went just perfect! On the first flight to Arizona I sat next to this amazing girl named Mindy. We talked the whole flight and time just flew by. The second flight to Houston, Texas I wasn't so lucky and sat by this man who really spelled! This flight seemed to drag on and on.
When I got to Texas Elizabeth and her mom picked me up. It was a happy reunion! I missed her so freaking much! ( Elizabeth is my best friend who has been in Europe for a month! I went to Texas so we could drive home together.) The freeways in Texas are crazy!! They have like four to choose from that go the same way! Some are toll roads and they all have little stickers on the window the it scans when you pass through and charges you!!!  I thought that was way crazy for some reason! Utah doesn't have that. It can get so expensive!!
 After we got home, Elizabeth took me  to "Whataburger." Utah doesn't have these either! The burgers are MASSIVE! I think I gained 10 pounds just from eating that thing. It was yummy though. The next morning we got Shipley's Do-nuts, which is really popular there as well. Maple bars are my favorite!  After we got ready for the day we went to the mall there and shopped all day. I got a new dress, two rings, and panties! Shopping is defiantly what i wanted to do this weekend. After shopping we went to lunch with Elizabeth's two sisters, her cute little niece and nephew, and her mom. We went to this local Chinese restaurant Elizabeth had talked up. I got the Sesame chicken. Chinese is my favorite!
After lunch Elizabeth and I drove to The Gallery in Houston. The Gallery is sooo amazing!!! It's a massive mall. There was this waterfall coming from the ceiling in it. It also had a ice skating rink inside. How cool is that? The shops there are crazy expensive! This one popular store, I can't remember the name, but a pair of white pants that weren't even cute were $350! I was in shock. The majority of the stores were super expensive. There was this cute little candy store called "Dynlan's Candy Shop," it was the cutest store ever! I loved it. Candy everywhere! The benches in the store were little loli pops. SO CUTE!
After the Gallery we went home and rested for a bit. Then it was time to eat again! We went out for every meal! We went to this Mexican restaurant called "Papasitas." Elizabeth and I got fajitas to share. I was so full from lunch and breakfast that we didn't eat very much of it. What I really loved there was the Pina colada! Elizabeth's family was amazing and wouldn't let me pay for anything!!! I felt so guilty but they insisted. It was so much fun. I wish I would have had more time in Texas.
The next morning Elizabeth and I set out on the road at about 7 am. The first 5 hours went by really quick. We stopped for lunch at "Jack In the Box." Another thing Utah seems to be missing. After lunch we hit the road again only stopping for gas. We had to take Caffeine pills to stay awake at about 2pm. Elizabeth took five of them! I thought she was going to die. I only took one and felt amazing till about 3am. We went through New Mexico and Colorado following the map her mom had outlined for us. I'm proud of us! We didn't get lost at all. We stopped for gas a BAZILLION times though. Price canyon is ridiculously long and I never want to go through it again!!! We got home about 4am. We drove  straight through! 22 hours of driving! We made it home safe and sound. Texas was a blast. (:

1 comment:

  1. If there was one thing I could say about you its that you can find your way home from anything! I remember that, no matter how many detours and road blocks there were you always got us home:) Glad you had fun! Hopefully you took lots of pictures:)

    ReplyDelete